Monday, March 23, 2015

Sowing Seeds for Others to Harvest

Wow! Lindsay's engaged?! Felicidades!

This week was good! We reactivated a less active named Timotea she's progressing very well. Those who have been baptized or reactivated lately in our sector are progressing really well in the Church, which is super important. It's important that they have the support of the ward and that they have their goals (mainly their goals that lead to the temple) in mind. I think I forgot to tell you that the grandmother, G, of K, a recent convert, got baptized about a month ago in Puno! We were teaching her, and then she had to go to Puno for a month. We kept in contact with her frequently to follow up that she was reading her Book of Mormon and praying and how she felt about getting baptized here. It was all going really well, until one day she told us she wasn't coming back to Lima yet because she was gonna get baptized in Puno. The Elders there got a hold of her because her grandson is also a recent convert in Puno, and they ended up baptizing her... Oh well, she's here now and she's a really great member of the Church! Super excited about everything. She's at every activity and she's always the first one to help out, too! She's great. Go, G! We've also been told that the relative of a member family in our ward, R, who listened to the missionaries for years and never wanted to be baptized, and whom we taught in a noche de hogar with her member family, is getting baptized on the 29th! ...But she lives in a different zone. La Libertad, I think. But apparently she told her family that she never wanted to be baptized until she heard us explain about the gift of the Holy Ghost. She said she felt something really strong and felt like she needed to have the gift of the Holy Ghost in her life, and from then on, she's had the desire to be baptized! So, it looks like we're planting seeds while some other missionaries are harvesting. It's all good though. I'm just happy I get to have a part in it and see how these awesome people change. It's the coolest thing!

We had intercambios with the Hermanas from Escardo 2. I stayed in my sector with Hna A. We had a really good day! She's a really great missionary and she's training her new companion very well. She's in my group that goes home in 2 weeks. I met her in the CCM! She lived across the hall! She's from Bolivia and was actually gonna end her mission in May, since she actually has about a month less than me in the mission (only 2 weeks in the CCM), but Presidente Borg is sending more missionaries home a little earlier because the apostles are saying that we have too many missionaries in our mission right now and they need to get the numbers down. So a lot of the Elders are now not allowed to extend their missions, and a group of Latina Hermanas are going home a cambio early this cambio. Hahaha yeah! The D M family is the best! And actually, N told me in church yesterday about how she read my letter and how she and her sister commented on it. She told me what they commented, but she told me in Spanish. Haha but it was funny when she told me.

Wow! Well I'm flattered that people outside of my family want to read about my life. Haha thanks! That's nice that Sister Hall's been sending my letters to Berlynn. Yeah, it'll be totally cool to speak Spanish with everyone after the mission! But it'll be so weird to hear what their accents will be like. Haha I already know what Berlynn's accent sounds like. Los uruguayos... No worries. At least I got sent to the country that speaks the most correct Spanish! Haha (kidding...) (but not really). I'm excited to even talk with Dad and see if I can tell if he talks like a Mexicano. The assistants called us yesterday and told us we have to do a 20-30 minute training in Multizonas tomorrow on the 13 steps of the weekly planning session... Kkkkiiiiilllllllll mmmmeeeeeee...... Could that get any more boring? Oh well. We'll see what we come up with. We still have no idea what we're gonna do. We gotta think of a good game. It's just so boring that we've come up with nothing so far haha.

I thought it was gonna cool down these days, but it's only gotten hotter! I. am. DYING. Walking all day every day under the sun seems to take away all my energy. And what's more, something's going on in our building, and they keep cutting our water. So we come home tired and sweaty to a hot and humid room, and we can't even bathe. Sometimes it comes on, but it's been going off in the morning and at night. So we've been walking to the other Hermanas' house at 7am, on a busy city street, with a million people staring at us as we walk past in our pajamas and flip flops. Not the first time this has happened. Or the second. Or the third. I actually don't know how many times I've had to do that in my mission. We're planning on talking to our landlord today because it's getting ridiculous. Today for p-day, we went to Larcomar, ate lunch, and then some of us rode bikes all the way to and up this giant hill that has a giant Christ statue overlooking part of Lima in Chorrillos. Man, it was so tiring. We all sweat like crazy and I think I got more sunburnt. But it was fun! And a good workout haha! I only have one more p-day left. We'll be going to central Lima. After that, I'll be using my last Monday to go visit old sectors. My last two days, April 5 and 6, will be my days to go and visit my old sectors. I'm thinking I might go to Maranga on Sunday the 5, and maybe go to Magdalena on the 6 and swing by Carmen de la Legua that day as well. I gotta call some people and set it all up.

Hope you all have a great week! I pray for you all individually. Hope all is well! Love you lots!

Love,
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment