Monday, February 16, 2015

Heart Attacks and Bad Jello

I got the puffy envelope you sent me in the mail this week. Thanks! Yeah, go ahead and log onto my FamilySearch account. I think a lot of the work I have reserved on there are sealings, but you can look. I think there might be some baptisms and confirmations as well.

This week was a little slow, but good. We had interviews with Presidente Borg and FSY again (I had to speak on stage about the same topic again, but with my companion this time). It was a little bit of a busy week, so we didn't get a chance to do intercambios this week. We're gonna squeeze in 2 intercambios this upcoming week. For Valentines Day, my companion and I decided to heart attack the other Hermanas' rooms. So we made hearts out of white, red, and pink paper, wrote on them and made a little note with a little candy to put on their desks. Then we had to plan when we were gonna go to their rooms. We have copies of their keys, so we could just sneak in. We had to pick times when they weren't supposed to be there. Everything was going well at first. We went into the room of the other Hermanas from Escardo and left everything really fast. Then we went to San Miguel and left everything SUPER fast, but then when we walked out of their room, I saw one of the Hermanas walking up the stairs. So I booked it and hid behind something, but my companion didn't have time. They came up and were like, "What? What are you doing in our room?" Then I just shouted, "YOU'LL SEE! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! CHAO!" and ran down the stairs. My companion followed me and when we got to the bottom, one of the Hermanas shouted down to us, "Ustedes son la muerte!", which is a way of saying something like, "You two are so funny!" So, we got caught. Dang it. But it wasn't our fault. The Hermanas came home 30 minutes before they were supposed to. So apart from them, we were able to sneak into everyone else's rooms without them knowing. We went to Precursores and Maranga in the afternoon. We almost got caught by the Hermanas in Maranga, but we were too sneaky for them... Anyway, it was fun. Glad to hear that the little video worked. Looks like I'll have to make more.

I'm feeling better now. Turns out I had a stomach infection. I was put on a diet and had to take some pills for a while. We're not completely positive, but we're pretty sure that I got sick from some jello I ate that was most likely made with bad water. My companion ate it too, but she's Peruvian and used to the water, so she didn't get sick. We're pretty sure it was the jello. I don't think it could've been anything else.

We went to the temple this week and I got to do a lot of the work for Alice Maud Letch, the relative I mentioned last week. It feels good to do all that for a relative. I sent you the screenshot of her work on FamilySearch.org. I think it's cool to see it says that it's been done in Lima, Peru too.

Yes, I've also heard about Allison! That's great news! I'll be rooting for her over here. I am so anxious to know where Brian will be sent on his mission! I would LOVE a video! I might just send a video response back. If you can't do a video, a recording will do! Man, I'm so excited for him! I bet he's just really excited/anxious/nervous. I almost feel like I'm feeling the the same things I felt when I opened mine. I don't know why. It's not even my call!

Que tengan una buena semana! Los quiero mucho!!! Me encanta leer todos sus correos! Es definitivamente la mejor parte de mi semana. Tan divertido!

Con amor,
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

Photos: Temple trip with the zone



No comments:

Post a Comment