Monday, January 5, 2015

Great Experiences

We had a great experience this week! On Saturday, we were trying to find a less active in a house we passed by. We haven't been able to get a hold of her. But we saw a woman with her baby looking out the window in the second floor. We shouted up and asked her if she knew who the woman was, but she said no, because she just moved there. Then we asked her if she needed help with anything. And she said yes and told us to come around to the door. We came around and waited for her. Then she came down, talked to us, we presented ourselves and asked if she wanted help. Then she told us that her sister is sick and she's worried about her and wanted to know if we could offer some spiritual message. So we entered her home and a minute later her husband came home (although we're not completely sure if they're married...we still have to ask). We got talking and found out that as a youth, he listed to the missionaries and went to church for a long time, but never got baptized. We taught about the Book of Mormon and committed them to read the introduction and pray about it. They said they would, and that they would also come with us to Church the next day. He ended up coming with us for all 3 hours, but she apparently had to stay home with the baby. But he liked church. But it's a very good family. We'll see where it goes. We have a lesson with them tonight.

Haha I loved that recording! It brought me back to being in the minivan with y'all. I'll send you some I made this week. Apart from that we're still working hard and trying to help these people progress. This next week is gonna be a little slower I think because not only are we gonna finish up intercambios this week, but we also have to do intercambios with a companionship because one of the hermanas hit her foot pretty bad earlier in the cambio and was on crutches for a while, but this week she's supposed to be on bed rest all day this whole week. So we're gonna help them out a bit this week in their sector.

That's cool that Courtney Hicks is in David's ward. Haha sorry about the rash. Has it gone away yet? I feel like I don't have too much to say this week. I'm here in an internet place in central Lima. We went in a little van up a big hill called Cerro San Cristobal. I'll send pictures. Thanks for all the love and support! I love you all and I'm not trying to sound trunky, but I am excited to see you all again and hang out and stuff. It blows my mind sometimes as I get closer and closer to the end of my mission. But I've still got time.

Have a great week!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

1. We never get white puffy clouds like this here
2. A view of Lima from the top of Cerro San Cristobal
3. With Hna M
4. With Elder I, one of Jack's buddies from Lone Peak.






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment