Monday, December 1, 2014

#SharetheGift



I got the fall package this week! Thank you sooooo much! I am so excited to make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I shared some Take5's with my companion, who liked them, and some peanut butter M&M's with her and my district as we celebrated Thanksgiving. What did we do? We gathered in the church after the baptismal interview of our investigator and ordered a couple pizzas. Not much. But it was nice to get together and wind down for a little bit. Better than last Thanksgiving when I had a fish staring at me for lunch.

This week was a little stressful just because an investigator we're teaching, M, was going to get baptized this week, but after her interview, we found out that she needs to wait a little longer (attend all 3 hours of church 3 times at least) and have an interview with President Borg first. She was a little depressed, but I think it helped her realize the importance of baptism and the Church. So she actually, for the first time in a long time, came to church for all 3 hours on Sunday! It was great. I hope she keeps it up. And I hope she works on strengthening a testimony of the Church. It's a hard road for her, but her baptism will be that much more special if she does.

GOODBYE CARMEN DE LA LEGUA!!!! I have a transfer. I have to pack up and leave tomorrow. It's a little sad, but I was also kind of preparing myself to leave, just because I knew it was a possiblity. So, we'll see where I'm sent tomorrow. I'll be spending Christmas there. I might die (end my mission) there. Weird. I get little weird feelings about going home sometimes. And it freaks me out. Carmen de La Legua is right next to the airport, so there are airplanes passing over about every 10 seconds, and they're really close. The other day, I saw the lights inside a plane, and I got like a half-second feeling of weird end-of-mission-life/the-only-life-I've-known-for-the-past-almost-14-months sadness. Also, Hermana H had to call her mom this week, and I heard the whole conversation. She goes home tomorrow. It also gave me some weird feelings. So just a heads up, it's probably gonna be hard for me to come home. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to see you all and embrace all the things I love about home, but I'm just saying it's gonna be hard to say goodbye. But, I'm not gonna think about that right now. I have a little over 4 months left. I just know it's gonna fly by.

I don't really know what else to say. I just have a mix of emotions right now. And I'm a little nervous for tomorrow. And stressed. I have to pack and write in 3 people's cuadernos still! Cuadernos are journals that missionaries will buy and pass around to other missionaries to sign and put in pictures and make it creative and stuff. I have one that I pass around. Hermana M has mine right now. They're like a cooler/more personalized yearbook. They're fun, but stressful.

Thanks for the link to the Christmas video the church did! I actually saw it already. It's really good. And it's actually part of our missionary work now. We were given little cards that advertize the video to pass out to people. It's a way to spread the message, and to contact new people to teach and such. We have to count how many we pass out and how many new investigators we get from the cards/video and all that as well. But I like it! It's cool. Thanks for the pictures of the Peruvian nativity scenes! Do you remember the Peruvian nativity scene I sent home. Did you ever get Joseph's head fixed? It is bad?

Que tengan una semana muy hermosa! Los quiero mucho! Les avisare como estoy la próxima semana!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

1. Elder P did NOT want to share our Thanksgiving pizza.
2. You can't see it really well, but there are a lot of telephone wires here with sneakers hanging from them. Supposedly it means it's a drug deal spot, but I don't know. That's what I've heard here.
3-7. Saying goodbye to my awesome pensionista, N! Some pictures look better than others...haha. But I just sent them all. It's really hot here right now. Today was a really hot day and I was sweating all day. So, sorry if I look sweaty and gross...
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment