Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas, Baby!

NOOO!!!! I accidentally just erased EVERYTHING I just wrote you. Okay, well let's try again.

The Christmas party on Thursday was fun. We started off with some games. I played volleyball for a little and then I played this game that is basically just dodgeball, but with little packets of flour. So you throw it and it explodes in a cloud of flour and gets all over you. Pretty fun. Then we washed up (thanks to the flour) and took a group picture. Then we met up and watched about an hour-long stream of little Christmas videos and shorts. The longest video we watched was the Christmas short of How to Train Your Dragon. And everything was in Spanish, so I learned a new word! "Chimuelo" means "toothless". I totally gotta watch movies in Spanish when I'm home. Then we ate a really good dinner. Ham, peas and carrots (Forrest Gump?), rolls, and I don't remember what else. Then we had the gift exchange game. some Elder I don't know ended up with my creepy gift. Presidente said, "Elder, that's perfect for you!" when he walked by and saw it. I just got a little stuffed Santa ornament. Then we had the skits. They were pretty good this year. I'll have to tell you about it when we skype this week. Then they showed a fun little video that the mission offices made, but it stopped working about half-way through due to technical difficulties. Piña. Then we ended at 9 pm with a little Christmas spiritual thought from Pdte Borg. Then they gave us little goodie bags. We got home around 10:30 pm.

Then we went on intercambios the next day with Hna Mackey and her companion, Hna Castillo. I stayed in my sector and Hna Castillo came with me. She's a good missionary and works hard and all.  It's weird because as Hermana Capacitadoras, we hear a bunch of gossip and drama, but it's not gossip for us. It's stuff we need to know. So it's information for us more than it is gossip, which is weird.

Hna M and I got to go back to La Legua on Saturday for a for investigator's baptism! She's an old lady that almost got baptized last cambio, but she had to wait a little. Now she finally got baptized! Woo! Yay, M! It was so fun for us to be on splits for a little bit and go back to our old sector. We bailed on the ward Christmas party to go to the baptism. And oh yeah, about 1 minute before the baptism started they said that the lady who was supposed to give a talk wasn't coming and that I was gonna give the talk instead. I had to speak on baptism and the Holy Ghost. I just had to wing it. Welp, oh well!

Felicitaciones to Hayley and Andrew! And to Pauline with her mission call to Salta, Argentina! Wow, do you realize that the day she leaves on her mission is the day I come home?

I am so excited to talk to you all on Christmas this week! It totally does not feel like it's Christmas at all for me. I might actually just open my Christmas package (yes, I got it about a week and a half ago) as I skype with y'all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, BABIES!!!!
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

 
1. After the flour fight
2. Dinner!
3. Con mija, Hna A!
4-5. Speak for themselves...
6. Intercambio with Hna C
7. Margarita's baptism!
8. Us with a recent convert we used to visit in La Legua. Go, D, go!
9. Panteón: the traditional Christmas fruitcake all Peruvians love.
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment