Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Miracle?

What a week! Okay, so we had cambios, and guess what, I've been made an Hermana Capacitadora (Sister Training Leader), which is kind of like being a zone leader of the Hermanas, mas o menos. We do intercambios (24-hour exchanges) with all the Hermanas in our zone, and we have to do trainings at zone meetings and stuff. Also, you know where I got transferred? Magdalena. Not just in my very first ward, but in my very first sector. Exactly where I was for my first 6 months in the field! Apparently I was supposed to get transferred somewhere else, but one of the assistants told me that for some reason they switched me at the last second. I got put with an Hermana A from Argentina. I was just like, "....What...?" I kinda thought, okay well it stinks that I'm going back to a place I'm already super familar with and people I'm super familiar with, but it must be for a reason. So I went back to the same house, the same room, the same alarm to wake us up in the morning, the same streets, the same everything. I felt like I was starting the mission all over again. It was the worst feeling ever. I didn't let my companion know I felt that way though. It was so weird. We were planning for people to visit the next day, and my companion has only been in Magdalena for a month and a half. So I filled her in on the people we were going to visit and what their deal was, and I knew the streets a little better and everything too. Awful.

But then on Wednesday, we got a voice mail from President Borg while we were in a lesson telling us to call him. We called him back and was like "Hermana Hymas, are you sitting down? Listen, I made a big mistake. And it was not the Lord's mistake, it was mine. You weren't originally supposed to go there, but things got a little complicated before cambios and we changed some people around. I made a mistake. I wasn't looking at my records very well and I know you've been in Magdalena for a long time. So I would like to switch you and put you in the barrio Escardo (which is part of the Maranga stake). I know you've been in Maranga already but what do you think?" I told him that yes, I've been in Maranga, but I was in the Maranga ward, not in the Escardo ward. I also asked him if he was sure it was all a mistake, just in case I really was supposed to be there for a reason. He said that it was absolutely a mistake. So I agreed to getting transferred. So that night I went to a couple of my favorite families and said hello again...and goodbye haha. Then the next day, Thursday morning, we (all the zone leaders and the hermana capacitadoras) had a leadership meeting with President Borg and the assistants. So they just had me bring my luggage to the meeting and make the switch there. So now I'm in Escardo with my 2 companions, Hermana B from Wisconsin and Hermana L from Trujillo, Peru. We're in a trio because Hermana B is going home in a week. Hermana L is also new to Escardo and she's a new Hermana Capacitadora as well. So, we're both learning the area, and Hermana B's just training us a little on how to be Hermana Capacitadoras this week. We actually have to give a training to our whole zone on Wednesday in our zone meeting. I'm happy to be with them! They're really awesome! And I'm excited to stay with Hermana L! She's super cool and everyone I know who has ever been her companion LOVES her.

Wanna know the best part of all this? Hermana M's in my ward! Wooo! Haha I knew that too, but M didn't know about the switch until we had our meeting with our ward mission leader Friday morning with the other missionaries as well. She looked shocked when she walked in the meeting, and I explained everything to her afterwards. She said "Hermana, this is a miracle!" We talked in cambios about meeting up at the mission Christmas party, but because our mission has grown so much, they're splitting it up in 2 days. But at the leadership meeting, we found out the zones that will be together for the party. Good thing I got switched, because otherwise, M and I wouldn't be together for Christmas like we planned. Christmas miracle? Haha.

I saw the Christmas Devotional last night! Aw man, I loved the music. It made me miss cello a bit, actually. So excited for Christmas! And excited to make my cookies! I need to find someone who will lend me their oven so that I can make them. I also need to plan out with my companion when we'll be calling home on Christmas. Do you all need to talk at a specific time? Or are you free all day?

So, is "Hymas" the new baby name of 2014? STORY OF MY MISSION!!!! At cambios, my old companion, Hermana Z, who's still in Maranga told me about a less active woman that Hermana Amis and I visited, named N. She was pregnant when we visited her, but she just had her baby. A little baby girl. And do you know what she named her? Hymas. But she pronounces it like "Ay-miss", like Hermana Amis. So the missionaries asked her, oh like Hermana Amis? And she was like "No, the shorter one with dark hair." They asked her why, and she said it's because she felt a special connection with me. Her baby's name is spelled like our last name and all. Hymas. So that's right, someone named their baby after me! M was with me when Hermana Z told me, and she said, "Well, if the rest of your mission is horrible, at least you had a baby named after you!" Haha.

Thanks for the voice recording! That's awesome! I just listened to that! Wow, it's a little weird hearing your voice after so long. I'm writing a lot and I don't have too much time left. So I'll end this one and talk to you next week! Have a great one!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment