Monday, November 17, 2014

This and That



Haha glad to hear you all liked the mariachi band recording from last week. Sorry, I don't have any recordings for you this week. Maybe next week you'll get something.

I have been in such a Christmas-y mood lately, although it's starting to feel a lot like summer. I'm a little jealous you're starting to get snow. And I miss Christmas music. My companion has a CD with a few MoTab Christmas songs on it, and that gets me in the holiday spirit and all, but that's about all we have for now. I still miss the things about the holidays back home in PA and the little traditions, big and small, and the things we do as a family during that season. And pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies. Just yes. However, it's better this year, now that I have over a year in the mission and I know what the Christmas season is like here (which is just a lot like a summer vacation). But I have to say, I will be pretty excited to welcome all those fun little homey Christmas season things back into my life. Well, it's a little different when you're in college, but still. Fun times.

I tried getting the music you sent me. Some of it worked one day. And some of it didn't work. You're doing it right, sending it the right way and all, but I think it just depends on some of the computers here and the format of the music file. I should be able to try again and make it work though.

That's still crazy about everyone coming home from their missions! I wanna talk to Lindsay about her mission. Sounds like she had some cool experiences. And are the Barr's in DisneyWorld right now? Ah that sounds so fun!!! Are they all there together as a family? Or is Madison out at school?

This city is full of apostasy. They love worshiping their images of Mary and their saints and stuff. We've seen a lot of little parade things in the streets with a little band and a ton of people around, and they carry a huge representation thing of Jesus, or Mary, or a saint or something, and walk around in the streets worshiping it. I'll try to send pictures at some point.

Haha that's funny about the difference between Brian's roommates and my roommates. Although it's true. Sometimes my companion reminds me of some of my former roommates.The funny thing is that now, I DO live in the hood. Carmen de La Legua is the most "hood" place the Hermanas in the mission can be sent, I think. Well, overall I think. I had some pretty ghetto parts of my last sector in Maranga, but as a whole, it was more advanced and wealthier (although not very wealthy) than it is here. I've seen a few street fights here. I've even seen a man walking away from a fight with his face covered in blood. I've also seen a few drug deals as well. But I'm alright. I've never felt unprotected or even in danger here. Welcome to da hood!

We have a lady we're teaching who has a baptismal date! Her name's M, all her kids and grandchildren are members, and they've been trying to get her to get baptized for years. The problem was always that she worked on Sundays. But now she's starting to come to Church, and she's supposed to be getting baptized on the 29th. We'll see how it goes in preparing her to get baptized. We actually have a lesson with her in an hour. Prayers are welcome in all this!

He pensado mucho esta semana en como puedo mejorar mi relación con mi Padre Celestial. Estoy en el proceso de orar y preguntar a Dios si El Libro de Mormón es verdadero, solamente para fortalecer mi testimonio y aumentar mi fe aun mas. También se que es necesario hacerlo para renovar nuestros testimonios siempre. Quiero aprender mas acerca de Jesucristo. Y esta época de Navidad parece como una muy buena oportunidad para tomar tiempo y enfocarme en eso! Entonces, hace como dos días, estábamos escuchando ese CD de mi compañera (lo de Navidad) durante nuestro estudio personal, pero bien bajito, y empece a pensar en la historia del nacimiento de Jesus. Abrí mi Biblia y empece a leer en Lucas 2. Después, leí en "Jesus el Cristo" acerca del nacimiento de Jesucristo. Aunque todavía estoy tratando a aumentar mi fe y aprender mas acerca de todo esto, y acerca de Jesucristo, en ese momento de mi estudio personal, sentí un espíritu bien bonito y muy especial. Uno puede decir que quizás todo eso fue porque estaba animada por Navidad al escuchar esa música y leer esa escritura o algo así jaja, y quizás era, pero también se que ese espíritu fue el Espíritu Santo testificando a mi que Jesus es el Cristo. Fue una experiencia bien bonita. Me sentí tranquila, y de verdad, muy bien.

As always, can't wait to talk to you next week! Have an awesome Thanksgiving for me! I am so grateful for all of you! I love you!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

Sorry I didn't have time to write anyone else! Next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment