Monday, November 24, 2014

Small, Silly Miracles

Well...that's awkward...Thanksgiving was not this week. Sorry 'bout that haha.

You can accept at least the friend request from A. I might know L. But the thing is is that there are a lot of people named Luis here, I don't really remember. What does he look like?

Alright, sorry I've forgotten to write you about it, but no, I have not gotten the Fall package yet. Or any package. Actually, I got a halloween package from Cami this week! I had my companion, another latin Hermana from Honduras, and my pensionista try candy corn and pop rocks, which they really liked. My pensionista thinks the pop rocks are really fun. But about the packages, I've been told that SurPost, the postal service here, is on strike, so they're kinda holding on to everything and then send them in a period of like 3 months. But I asked if I would get everything before Christmas, and I was told that yes, I should.

We're trying to see if the woman getting baptized on Saturday, M, really wants to get baptized for the right reasons, or only for her family. We're pretty confused because she knows the importance of keeping her commitments and stuff, but I think she feels more pressure from her family. We're gonna meet with her tomorrow, so we'll see how it turns out.
That kinda scared me about Grandpa. Good thing he's alright though. Haha that's funny that everyone was wishing him a happy birthday. HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY, GRANDPA! Oh man, how I miss those Hallmark movies. Haha, yes I do like that one. Enjoy those for me! Matt and Mackenzie are dating?! Wow.

This morning Hermana H told me I'm one of the oldies in the mission (one of the older/more experienced missionaries). That was kind of a "whoa" experience for me. I can't believe I almost have 4 months left. Guess what, I have like, 3 cambios left. This is all too weird. It definitely does not feel like it's been that long.

Our investigators and menos activos are doing well. It's really hard work sometimes, and we've had some pretty slow days this week. But, you can find miracles in every day. We had a slow day, and my companion was complaining a bit, so I actually made my companion and I take a couple minutes to count all the miracles in that day, even if they were super small and silly. I think it helped though. I love Carmen de La Legua! It's a little dirty, humble, and smelly sometimes, but it's awesome. And I love the people here. I'm gonna miss it when I have to leave eventually.

I'm out of time now. I hope you all have a great week! Love you! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas


1-2. Preview of when we went to Parque de Las Aguas. I met a friend to teach the Gospel to as well!

3.  On a fake plane. Too soon? Notice the "Hymas Family" shirt I'm reppin'.
 
4.   I forgot to tell you that our house flooded this week! They're doing contruction next door and a pipe burst or something. Anyway we came home to a flooded house. Here's my companion wringing out some water.

5.  We passed through Philadelphia last night! Or should I say "Filadelfia"...?
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment