Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Stinky Fish Story

Hello, family-cito! This week has been good. Although a few people who had a baptismal date lost their date because they didn't come to church. But, we'll work with them on that. Also, we met the boyfriend of our investigator (they're not married), and he seems really nice and sincere! He wants what's best for his family. Our investigator wants to get married and baptized, but it's just a matter of getting him to accept marriage, and baptism for that matter.

My conpanion and I are doing a bit better I think. We are very different people with very different personalities, but we're doing well for the moment at least. Also, I would love to fill you in on my companion's size (well, she's smaller than me, in height and size. Petite, I guess you could say.), but the truth is, I am not sure at all what's gonna happen this next cambio (Dec 2). I don't even think I can say I have a guess. The thing is is that my companion has almost 11 months in the mission, and has not trained yet. And...we all think it's very possible she could train this upcoming transfer, which means I would leave La Legua. We're not sure, but it just looks pretty possible.

Wow, that's crazy about everyone coming home on their missions! It's funny, one of the other missionaries in my ward is going home on December 3rd. I keep bugging her about it. The phrase of the week from me has been "Hermana, in 3 weeks, you can...!" We've been getting her a little trunky. This p-day was pretty good. We went to a physics park thing. It's just this place where you can experiment with different things. Like, spin in a chair and going faster or slower depending on how you position your body. Stuff like that. Last p-day (Thursday) was crazy. First of all, we had some bickering between the zone just because some people didn't want to pay a bunch of money to enter an ice skating rink for an hour. Some of the missionaries were guilt tripping the others telling them they were bad missionaries and stuff for not wanting to do it. Just dumb. Then we went to Parque de las Aguas and went off to take pictures. We got some cool ones, Hermana H took a lot of better pictures of me on her camera, but she lost her camera in the park...with all her pictures...and she's going home in 3 weeks. That stinks. I'm also helping her apply for BYU and I gotta say, it's making me a little excited for BYU. College is fun.
 
So. The fish story from last week. When I got to La Legua, Hermana M was like, "Hermana, we have a problem. When I was with Hermana A, for some reason we thought it would be a good idea to buy a fish. But we never got around to cooking the fish. So now we have a rotting fish in that refrigerator that's been there for 3-4 months. Personally, I'm just scared to open that thing." We occasionally talked about what to do with the old fish/refrigerator (we had a new refrigerator we'd been using), but we always put it off. So then, about a month or so ago, M looks at me and goes, "It's time. We're taking out the fish." So we took time to plan it out and take a few deep breaths of clean air (as clean as it gets in Lima). Then she opened the refrigerator and dropped the fish in a couple bags I was holding. Then I ran it out to the curb. But as I was running, I heard, "Aww! The stench entered my nose and I'm not even breathing!" from M behind me. And then we opened windows and aired out our room for a bit. Then we booted that stinky refrigerator later. And that just stunk everything up again. Literally everything. Like, our neighbors probably hated us because that super strong stench of 4-month-old fish was probably occupying every apartment around us. So there you have it. Another great jungle experience from La Legua.
 
Ugh, I feel like I had something to tell you, but I don't remember now! A couple days ago we saw a mariachi band playing to a woman in the street for her birthday. It was kinda cool. I'm sending you a recording. What else do I want to tell you...I don't remember and I have limited time!
 
Have a fanstastic week! Los quiero mucho!
 
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment