Monday, October 20, 2014

Sunday Miracle

Not too much has been going on with me either. I'm loving life! Don't remember too much of what happened this week...I'll try to fill you in the best I can. We're still working on helping some people out, and some are close to getting baptized, but they're not quite there yet. We're focusing on these two 16 and 12 year old sisters, E and A. They want to be baptized, well at least E, but her less active mom is saying that she needs to be older to get baptized, we've been trying to have a lesson with the mom there, but she works a lot and is hard to find. We're also working with this man named S, who's been pretty lazy, but he came to church for the first time yesterday! So that is definitely some progress. We're also teaching this old lady named G, and her son, R. She's an investigator, and we thought that R was too, but then he told us about his baptism. He apparently was baptized in our church, as well as his wife and brother! But they just haven't gone to church in many years, and don't remember anything. We still need actual proof of this still, but that was kinda a shocker to us.

We went to the temple on Wednesday and it was great! I love the temple! We also had interviews with President Borg on Thursday. That was nice. He's a really great mission president. He smiled and told me, "I am so pleased with you.", so that feels good. I also mentioned to him how well Hermana M and I get along and he said, "So if you stayed togther again, you'd be happy with that?" To which I responded "YEAH!" I told Hermana M that and we're hoping we don't get a cambio. We'll find out later today... I really hope we don't get switched.

During the interviews with President, my companion and I and the other 2 Hermanas in our zone got to go out with Hermana Borg to go visit our appartments. It was so fun! I love Hermana Borg! My companion and I actually forgot to bring the keys, so we couldn't get in, but Hna Borg trusted us and said that at least it's in a safe spot. We got to ride in her nice, clean, air-conditioned car that DOESN'T smell like B.O., and just have a fun time together. And she got us ice cream as well. She's the best.

So I got sick yesterday. I felt a little sick in the morning, but it wasn't too bad. Then we went to church, and right before the Sacrament, I felt really sick. My companion told me I was really pale too. I just felt faint and really weak. And my whole body ached. But, I had to give a talk. Hermana M told me I could tell bishop that I felt like I was gonna pass out. But I decided to try it, and just end it quickly if I felt like I couldn't continue. But I miracle happened. I felt awful going up there, but as soon as I opened my mouth, I felt fine. Normal. But then as soon as I ended, "en el nombre de Jesucristo, amen." I felt really awful again. So there you go. I was given just enough strength to give my talk. Then after, I just felt worse and worse. We left after the second hour. We were in a trio for a little bit, with me, Hermana M, and Hermana H (her companion was visiting her old sectors because she's going home soon). We got home and they both took good care of me. Gave me a back massage, bundled me up in my bed, made me tea, and took my temperature. I had a fever that kept rising. It was official. I had the flu. I stayed in all day yesterday and just rested. I also got a blessing from a couple elders that came by our house. I felt so guilty to rest for so long, but it felt good. Now I feel better today! I have a couple very small symptoms, but they're going away, and I feel a lot better.

Don't know what else to say. Sounds like your trip to GA was fun! It's slowly getting warmer here. Today is beautiful! Blue skies and sunshine.

Hey, so if it's not too much of a hassle, I'd like some music. I know you can send music files through email. We'd have to see if it works. But I don't know, like maybe some Christmas music, Badly Drawn Boy, and maybe U2. That would be awesome. Let me know what you can do. Maybe Grace or Allison can help you out with it. (This is her mom -- I think I can figure it out!!)

Los quiero mucho! Que tengan una semana muy hermosa y llena de sorpresas!

Con amor,
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment