Monday, September 22, 2014

Companion Love

So...I just gotta say that I LOVE MY COMPANION! Hermana M is super awesome and we get along really well! We've never disagreed on anything and we just have a great time. She's way funny too. I'm gonna really miss her when one of us gets transferred. We both talk a lot though. Our whole time together, I don't think we've ever gone to bed on time...haha whoops!
 
We share a common love for, well, a lot of things, but especially languages. She's obsessed with Russian and I started remembering some French too. I taught her a little. Although, I don't remember basically anything! It's kinda sad. I feel like I've basically lost it all. Haha but she's taught me some Russian. I learned how to say, "I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet.", but I basically forgot like half of that. Still working on it. But here's my phrase of the week! "что такой..." It means, "What the..." haha. And we listen to the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast in Russian like, everyday haha. I also taught her the German phrase, "You have a face only a mother could love." She loves it and practices it everyday.

It's interesting how the things you write me sometimes are things I think about during the week. Haha I was thinking about that whole cat/dog thing with you and dad this week. Don't know why. I think it just popped into my head.

I met the ward yesterday. It was my first Sunday in Carmen de la Legua. And I was asked to give a talk too. On anything I wanted. I talked about trials of faith. Gotta love those pruebas de fe! My companion was funny, and really nice. After I sat back down, she just goes, "Well, way to knock that one out of the park." Our ward is super small I cannot believe it. Hermana Mackey told me there are 130 families, but only 30 are active. Looks like we've got a lot of work to do! We have Sacrament Meeting in a pretty tiny little room. It probably looks like 1/3 or so of where we have Sacrament Meeting at our church building in PA...and without the overflow! We're teaching some pretty great people, but some are having a hard time coming to church. We're working on that.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and that Brian is loving life out at BYU. He's a FHE dad?! Chevere.

I cannot believe I am getting closer to having a year in the mission. That's too crazy. My companion actually has 6 months less than me, to the day! When I hit a year on October 9th, she'll hit 6 months. We gotta do something big.

One of the Hermanas in our district/ward, Hermana W, just turned 22 yesterday, so Saturday night Hermana Mackey and I stayed up all night writing a parody song for her. We performed it after lunch yesterday. It's got parodies of "16 going on 17" from the Sound of Music and "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast...but ghetto-ized. It's pretty clever if I do say so myself.

I don't really know what I want for Christmas yet. Maybe my favorite candy Take5, skirts, maybe a French Book of Mormon (Le Livre de Mormon), and....I don't know. I have to think. What do YOU all want for Christmas?!

I love you all and I hope all is well! Always in my prayers!

Love,
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

Photos: Just a preview of p-day in da ghetto wit Mckjangles.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment