Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Moving On

Oh man, where do I begin. So, we went to the temple yesterday, which was nice. And Hermana Anderson from my zone went home last night in order to start back up at BYU. Sad. She's really cool. This week has been crazy. We spent a bunch of time looking for rooms to rent. We even took a whole day to do so. It was really frustrating. BUT MONDAY, we got a call from one of the assistants, and he said "Well, don't worry about looking for a room anymore, because what's gonna happen is is that we're gonna put.....elders there." So then I was like, "So you're saying we're both being transferred." And he said yes. NOOOOOOO! I love my ward! And I love my sector! Yeah, it's not the safest place in the world, but it's not that dangerous either. Anyway, we're sad. We're sad to leave the district too. And Hermana A kept saying, "But you have to finish my training!" She doesn't want to leave me, and she's been saying that for a long time because everyone kept saying that there was a chance I could be transferred in the next cambios. I'm gonna miss her too. She's a good girl. I've enjoyed being with her. We'll both be leaving Maranga these next cambios on September 9th (11-month mark!). Now I'm so nervous as to where I will go, and who will be my next companion. And who will finish the training of Hermana A? Well, now we know she'll have a stepmom.

Oh my gosh, there was a crazy, crazy fight outside of our house Monday afternoon. We went looking for houses that morning, then we went back home to do language study and get ready to go to lunch. I was talking to my companion, or on the phone or something, then I just hear people screaming outside. I was like, "What the heck?" Then I go over to the window to check it out. I see three women below where we live going at it big time. And it was 2 on 1. Super crazy cat fight. Screaming, hitting, and punching and stuff. And one of them had a big pink stick that she was hitting one of them with. I had to talk to a couple people on the phone, but my companion saw the whole thing and said it was very brutal. Blood and everything. Crazies. Then the cops showed up, but a little too late. We also heard cops on our street the night before. Yeah...maybe it's a good thing that they're getting us out of here.

Remember how I said I was scared about getting one Hermana as my companion, but she ended up going to my old companion, Hermana Z? So, yes, she can be pretty serious, but she's not scary like I thought she would be haha. I love her! She's cool, and we talk a lot. We're very different, but we get along well. She and Hermana Z also invited over us to their house one night just to make tacos for dinner. And she's from Mexico, so...authentic, man! They. were. so. GOOD! Man, I'm gonna miss this district.

This Saturday, we have a special meeting with two 70's, Elder Soares and Elder Grow, and their wives. I can't remember if anyone else is supposed to be in our meeting. But you know who was going to be in our meeting? Elder D. Todd Christofferson. But, we've just been told recently that he has to go back to Salt Lake for something and won't be able to meet with us. Bummer. But the meeting should still be good! Something cool: our bishop told us that apparently while we were walking with the Elders on Friday to where we were gonna eat lunch, the bishop drove by in a van with Elder Waddell of the 70, someone else I think, and Elder Neil L. Andersen. And they saw us near a stop light near my house where we met up with the Elders, recognized us as missionaries, and pointed us out! Then our bishop was like, "Oh! Those are my missionaries!" Haha then Elder Andersen saw Elder Chatwin's blue slacks and asked, "Is that Elder wearing jeans?" Kinda funny. Now I wish I saw that van when we were there.

So, the earthquake here. Nope. Didn't feel it at all! I did hear about it though. M told us the next day. But, she also said she didn't feel it. Her son did, though. But I have felt earthquakes here before. They happen all the time, it's just a matter of if you feel them or not. I think I've felt...2... One was when I was in Magdalena with Hermana L. We were sleeping and then all of a sudden we felt a little one at 11 pm. We had a lot of construction on the street outside our house at that time, so it was normal to feel rumblings and such. However, we know for a fact they don't do contruction at 11 pm haha. So, it was an earthquake. And other people felt it too. Hermana Lopez was like, "Hermana, did you feel that?" and I said yes. Then she said, "Was it an earthquake?" And I said yes. And then we went back to sleep. Haha I was so tired that I didn't care. Then once when I was here with Hermana B, we were in a lesson with a less active lady, and all of a sudden, we felt a rumble for a few seconds. Then it got stronger and everything was shaking. The lady we were visiting got really scared, grabbed Hermana B by the arm, and headed towards the door to evacuate. But just before she got to the door, it stopped. It wasn't very long, but it was a little bit freaky just because I didn't know if it was gonna continue to get stronger. I hope we don't get anything really big here.

I sent Jack a quick little email! And I read Ashley's email. Thanks for those! I may not be able to read them all the time, but every now and then, it's fun to see what's up with everyone. Hahaha I thought that was so funny about people saying, "The Lord will protect you" to Amanda. Aww, sad that the Sutton's are gone now. That'd be so cool if they ran into Jeannie.

Welp, I think that's about it for the week! Stay tuned next week for more Peruvian adventures! Love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Love,

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

P.S. - Hermana Borg wants to put together a cookbook from just the Hermanas in the mission. So before the 9th, we have to hand in a recipe we like. Since it's my favorite, and it's so simple, I feel like I should send in the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. Or should I do something different since they don't have the ingredients here?
Could you send me that? I know what it is and all, but I'd like to have measurements (amounts) correct and stuff. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment