Monday, August 18, 2014

Admiring Youth and Converts

So...we didn't end up moving after all. Womp, womp womp... Want happened is that we called the landlord Thursday morning to see if everything would be ready for us to move on Saturday. But then he told us he wanted more money. So I called the zone leaders and they wanted to talk it over with him. Then they called us back and said that he wouldn't back off, and he said that apparently someone else was interested in the room, and willing to pay what he wanted, so he's going to rent it out to them. So, now were back to looking for rooms to move to. Who knows, we might need to take a whole day to go around and scout out rooms.

I have to say I love the youth I've met here so far. Not only are they really fun, but they're really awesome people as well. And they all have such great, solid testimonies. I'm glad you're enjoying looking at my new Peruvian friends on Facebook haha. But really, it's true. I respect them so much. You know who I also respect? Converts. A ton. I've met some people who stand so alone in their beliefs, but stand so tall. First of all, you all know the story of M. She's going through some hard times right now, and she admits it's really, really hard not having hardly anyone who supports her, but she does her best to hold onto her foundation; her faith. I also met a 17 year old from another ward this week, C, who just got baptized not to long ago. He has absolutely no support in his family, but he continues to do what is right, and he's preparing to go on a mission, although his family doesn't want him to. It's really tough for him, and it's such a sacrifice, but he knows it's right. Also, I think you said I got a friend request from a 19 year old girl in my ward a little while ago, N. She got baptized in October and is the only member in her family. She didn't even tell her mom or anyone in her family, except for her niece, that she got baptized until recently. She asked us for advice on how to tell her mom and everything and finally decided to just do it. Her mom was shocked, but now supports her. However, she wants to serve a mission, but her mom says "no way". So, she's still trying to decide on that. But oh my gosh, N has such a strong testimony! She's a big help in lessons. She'd make a wonderful missionary. We are so lucky she's willing to come with us! I've gained such a testimony of sacrifice and what that really means. Not just because the mission is so much sacrifice, but because I've seen the sacrifices that people like M, C, and N make because of what they believe. It's not easy at all. But they stay active in the Church because they know it's true. Hats off to these amazing people.

I'm still trying to do more family history work. I'm trying to find more information and move further, but I just feel a little stuck. As you all do, I'm sure. I don't know how to find more information. Also, do you know of anyone (female) in our family that is in need of temple work that I can do here? We're going to the temple next week and the goal for our zone, if possible, is to take one of our own ancestors' names to the temple for an endowment session. It's pretty cool. There's someone here in my zone who's gonna take her grandmother's name to the temple. Again, it's if it's possible. I know we've had a lot of work done already. Let me know if there's a name I can take! Side note: I saw the movie "17 Miracles" this week, for the second time in my mission. I gotta say it was kinda fun/cool to watch the story of Jens Nielson and his family a little. I feel proud of the legacy they left and the faith they had.

This week we had intercambios again! I stayed here in my sector and Hermana B (from UT) came with me for the day. It was fun! I enjoy intercambios. And...we stayed up until midnight talking that night. Whoops! I talk too much. Oh well, it was fun. But I was really tired the next day. Not only that, but man, I'll tell you, I feel exhausted all the time. I feel like the more time I have the mission, the more exhausted I feel.

Hmm, what else has happened. I'm trying to think. Nope. Can't think of too much else. Thanks for send me that package! Can't wait to get it! Glad you all had fun at the family reunion! Minute to Win It sounds like it was fun. Y'all know I would've owned that. Haha but really, sounds like you had fun.

Have a spectacular week! Thinking about you and praying about you often! I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Chrisanne Hymas
 
* A couple pictures from M's baptism. Not the best quality, but it'll do. My companion actually has one that's better. We'll see if I can maybe send that one at some point.
(Note M's son, M, playing with my skirt in the second picture haha. Eh, whatevs.)
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment