Tuesday, July 8, 2014

20th Birthday!

I can't believe I'm 20 either! So this was my day. We woke up and had to go to the other Hermanas' house (Hermana B and Hermana S) to use their shower because yesterday morning, our electricity went out. So we had no light and no hot water. The member that lives in the same building brought us a lamp  and hooked it up to extention cords from her house to give us light. So this morning we went to the Hermanas' house to use their shower and then we went to McDonalds for a pancake breakfast like we've been doing for the past 3 p-days. We ordered our food, go to the top floor to sit down, we start eating, and then some of the hermanas say they want to change where they sit and they want to sit in the little room where they have birthday partys for little kids. I was like, "What? Why? I mean, look at those chairs and tables. Half of them are way too small!" But we went in and as soon as we started eating, the elders from our ward/district (Elder C and Elder B) pop out of the children's play room (like the ball pit room) with a cake lit with candles that says "Feliz CumpleaƱos Hermana Hymas" and they sang to me and then smashed my face into the cake! There's a video of it that I'll try to send somehow. I have to leave now! :( I know this is like the shortest letter ever and I am sorry! Thanks for all the happy birthdays! Hope you all have a great week! I will update you all on so much more next week! Again, so sorry! And guess what! It's cold here now! I'm starting to use my coat and gloves!

Thanks for EVERYTHING and I love you all so much! Looking forward to the packages that I should be getting at my district meeting tomorrow!

Love,

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment