Monday, June 23, 2014

A New Companion and Ward



WOW! Congrats to Britton! Going to Iquitos! I have a bunch of friends there right now! He's gonna have to eat big fat worms and giant ants! Glad you're enjoying learning all about Peru! I didn't even know about the whole hat thing in markets. Do you know what part of Peru does that? Go ahead and accept the friend requests from Marilyn and Michelle. They're cool cats. I think they understand that you don't speak Spanish haha. I've told some of them before. Hahaha Lucero told me that she accidentally friended you thinking it was me.

 
My new companion's pretty cool. There are some things that are a little weird, but we've been pretty good. Her name's Hermana Z, she just turned 20 in April and she's from Ecuador. She has 6 months in the mission. Hey, can you believe I'm almost halfway done?!

That's scary about Jack. I will keep him in my prayers. I hope he gets better really soon.

Cambios were really good. Our ward officially split yesterday and now there are 2 new missionaries that took some of my sector and some of the Elders in my ward's sector. And they're the new Hermana Capacitadoras for Maranga. Hermana A and Hermana B. Both from Utah. They're cool. Next cambios are gonna be so sad! So many awesome people are almost leaving (will be giving their testimonies, and leaving the cambio after the next)! Hermana A, Hermana N, Hermana R, and much more! Don't know yet, but I would not be surprised if I cry the next cambio meeting.

M continues to be awesome! Her baptismal date is now July 19th because she said she has some training for work on the 12th, but it's cool. She's still ready to get baptized! And, it's probable that her boyfriend will be the one baptizing her! This week, we taught her the law of chastity, the word of wisdom, and the law of tithing. I was a little nervous to teach about tithing because that seems to always be the thing to get people. But she accepted everything! The only thing that was a little bit hard was the whole no coffee and tea thing, but she's working on it, willing to accept it and change, and she's been doing well! In our tithing lesson, she mentioned that she really doesn't know why (because she said she can be a little rebellious/not willing to accept some things sometimes), but she really doesn't have a problem accepting the things we teach her! Haha it was kinda funny, she was like, "I really don't know why, but I accept all of this!" After that lesson, we presented her to the bishop, and he congratulated her on her baptismal date and gave her a few motivational words. And she kept telling us that night about how she wants to start fresh and create a good life/environment for her future family. And, she's been coming to church on her own! What a champ. I keep praying for her.

Hey, I forgot to tell you about 2 weeks ago, but, you know how I've said I think in Spanish a lot now? Well, I've finally hit the point where I DREAM in Spanish! Wahoo!

Okay, I have to get off now. Love you all, and talk to you next week! Can't wait to get my package!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment