Monday, April 21, 2014

Welcome, Spring!

Yes! Accept the friend request from EB! She's in my ward, she's a ward missionary, and she's super awesome. Easter was almost nothing... Everyone spent time with their families, or no one was home, so it was a bit slow. I think these are some of the lowest numbers we've ever had. Oh! And this week was the first time in my mission that we contacted people in the street and when we asked if they believe in Christ, they said "no"! Wow. Usually everyone says yes. One was Jewish and one was atheist. Haha I know that sounds a little spoiled compared to other missions, where it's a little more common for the people to not believe in Christ. But seriously, I was like, "Uh...whoa...really?!"
It's starting to get a little cooler here. It gets cold at night, but during the day, it can still be pretty hot.

And now for the weekly felicitaciones... Congrats to Mark and Berlynn for their mission calls! Berlynn and I will be able to speak Spanish together! Although she'll have a different accent. The Spanish from Uruguay is basically the same as the Spanish from Argentina. A lot of "shhh"s. But...we don't talk about the similarities between Uruguay and Argentina here... Let's just say the Uruguayan missionaries are very proud of their country. And offended whenever they're compared to Argentina haha. Holy moly Jack's getting his mission call soon?!?! Wow. That's awesome.  And congrats to Sarah with her upcoming wedding! And congrats to Allisoncita with her upcoming graduation!

We've been working today because we'll have p-day tomorrow. I'm so excited because this is the first time we'll have a p-day that lasts ALL DAY! Apart from studying in the morning of course. We have to do that every day. But after study, we're going to the temple! And then that night, we're going to Parque de las Aguas! I've never been, but apparently it's cool at night because there's a bunch of water and lights and the whole shebang. I celebrated David's birthday this week with a meeting with the assistants and interviews with Presidente Borg. That was fun though. And they're always uplifting. And I always love chatting with Hermana Borg. She's the sweetest. And she laughs really easily, so that's fun too haha. And I'll be celebrating Brian's birthday with CAMBIOS. That's right. Transfers are May 6th. It's possible that I could stay here, but since I have my whole mission here so far, it's more likely that I'll be transferred. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm so excited to talk to you all on Mother's Day! Wherever I am, we should still be able to skype. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to. The only sad thing if I have a transfer is leaving behing the work I've been involved in here. Like...oh...I don't know...I'S BAPTISM!

Wooo! This is brand new news by the way. As in, since this morning. We had a lesson with I and taught the Plan of Salvation, since he was feeling really sad and confused after the death of his Grandpa this week. He also has plans (sort of) with his girlfriend, B, to get married some day. He also asked about that so we explained a little of eternal marriage and the temple. Now he wants to talk his girlfriend into listening to us and getting baptized as well so they can have an eternal marriage someday. Overall, the lesson went well and when we invited him to be baptized this time, he accepted! A date too! Right now, his plans are to be baptized May 17th. He told us that he feels like the lesson we had with him answered some important questions. YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!! We're really excited for him, but really scared as well. Everytime someone has a baptismal date, Satan works really hard. We're gonna work on being by his side every step of the way. And using the members to be there with him and support him as well. If you could keep this young man in your prayers, that'd be great. If I get transferred, I'll be coming back for his baptism.

I had intercambios this week with Hermana R in her sector in a beautiful little town called Las Brisas. It was fun. And I taught her more things in English. Now she goes around saying "Drop it like it's hot" to people hahaha. It seems to be really fun for the gringas to teach her phrases in English. She now knows a variety of random stuff, like "Eat that, woman!" and "You go, Glenn Coco!" Hahaha when we went to Gamarra, we heard "We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together", but instead of "getting back together", Hermana R heard "getting fat together". Hahahaha I don't know if I'll be able to listen to that song the same way.

Once again, I'm trying to think of what else to say.... And once again, I'm sure I'm forgetting a million and one things.

I love you all and I pray for you all all the time! Hope this week's awesome!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

 
Pics from today:
1. With Hermana R (we all went to Larcomar again)
2. Chistoso con Hermana R
3. Intercambios with Hermana R
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment