Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Accomplish Something!"

Wow! Felicitaciones, Wawrzyniak family! That's super great! And wow! I was not expecting another child! But that's so great! Tell them I say congrats! They're really cute.

Yes, I DID watch the Women's Conference on Saturday! And yes, I did watch it at the same time! A few of us American missionaries actually gathered in a small secretary's office around the computer and watched it in English. We'll be able to watch Conference in English too! I'm super excited! How I love Conferemce! Even more in the mission. And I'm excited to see David! He's still singing in it, right? But, yeah I agree, it's a great time to be a woman in the Church. And hey! Did you notice the shout outs to Philly and LIMA, PERU?! We cheered a tiny bit when we heard that.

There's not too much news from this week. Really slow. All our appointments except for 2 cancelled on us. And no one's progressing so far. We fasted and we're praying that I and B can attend Conference.
 
Cambios were really good! Totally felt the Spirit. Super strong actually. In that moment, I couldn't help but think to myself that I didn't want to go home. That I wanted to stay here and keep doing this wonderful work. It's hard to explain, but it felt really good. Strengthened my testimony bunches.
We have a couple new missionaries in our zone and one is from Texas and is struggling with Spanish. Man, I remember when I was there. Now, it's super crazy to think that I'm almost at 6 months. Tan rĂ¡pido!

I got your package! Thank you so much! Oh, and Hermana L says thanks as well! She looooves American chocolate now haha. And thanks for the scarves from Disney! And I'm loving the music. It's more than I thought it would be. Thanks so much. Haha I wrote Grace a little more about that. With a few songs, I would pause every now and again and translate them for Hermana L. It wasn't perfect, but I was pretty surprised with myself and what I was able to do. I was successfully able to translate almost everything exactly in a bunch of songs.

I'm trying to think of what else to write. We'll be having intercambios again soon, so I'm pretty excited for that. I hope I leave my sector this time. I think I will because I've been here for the last two intercambios. I think I'll be joining either one of the Hermana Capacitadoras in Las Brisas. Should be fun. And I always learn a lot in intercambios.

P-day wasn't very eventful today. We just joined with another zone to play sports. I played a little volleyball. But...I also got smacked in the face haha. That hurt. HAHAHA also, Hermana R knows more English than one would think. It's because everytime she hears something new in English she writes it down and tries to memorize it. So I was up to serve, and then out of nowhere I hear Hermana R say "Accomplish something!" at me. Haha it was funny. She was also telling us other things she learned in English, like "You are an old man and a fool."

That's crazy about Brian already getting ready for housing for BYU! And about Grace being a YCL too! And oh how I miss movie nights! Gotta say I cannot wait for those when I come home. Oh and I'm working on writing a few friends, including Jeannie, so dontch worry about that. We've coordinated through email and I have her address. Hmm...what else...I know when I leave I'll remember something that I wanted to say. I'm thinking really hard., but I don't know what else to say...

So...later! I love this work, I love the Lord, and I know the Gospel is perfect. And I love you all! 

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas

Photos:
1. Hermana A! Disregard the faces and my creeping comp in the background...haha
2. Elder P! I promise, he usually is very happy.
3. Hermana S! ...And Elder W's photobomb
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment