Monday, February 3, 2014

What a Day!

I got your package on Tuesday! Thanks! It's great! I gave one of the Pez dispensers to my comp because she asked what it was. It was new for her, but she liked it haha. I'm trying to work on sending pics. I don't have to much time to read letters and go through my pics, so I don't know if you'll get them quite yet. But I'm working on it. The snow track is moving? Can you tell it to come to Lima, please? Really though, that must be annoying for you all right now. Wow, what an experience at church yesterday!

I don't have time to write everyone back today, but just so you know, I DIED laughing at Brian and Megan's Olympic flag! I honestly can say that I laughed out loud for a good while. I can just picture it. That's funny. Wow, no David didn't tell me about how serious his head thingy was! That's crazy! Yeah, take it easy, Dave.

Not much has happened this week, but I enjoy listening to music other than EFY music, so thanks! The ward's getting better I think. We had a really good ward council, lead by Hermano A, the father of the family who loves my comp and I. I Skyped you guys from their house. They call us their daughters. He's really cool, and a really good guy. He's really good at planning what needs to be done in the ward. Bishop and his family were on vacation, and this was the first really good ward council we've had. He's back now, but hopefully things get better. P has her interview for baptism tomorrow morning, so let's hope she shows up and it goes well. If it does, we have a baptism on Thursday! My first so far in the mission!

We had stake conference this week. And Presidente and Hermana Borg spoke at both sessions. They're great. I honestly have the best mission president and mission president's wife ever. We had one investigator, J, showed up! Solo! He's good, and loves the church and all, but he's been taught forever. He has a problem with accepting baptism. We think his problem is he know's his life will change after he's baptized, and he's afraid he'll fall. We're working with him though. We also have an awesome investigator, who I believe I talked about last week. She came to church last week, but couldn't this week. Her name's E. She seems promising. She's progressing so far, and shows interest. We think there'll be more interest after she learns of the Plan of Salvation, since she talks about her family (most of who've died) a bit. We're planning on teaching this next, if we can get an appointment with her this week. We've now taught 2 other Jews. We'll see if we can get appointments with them to teach more. I hope these people progress.

I'd be more than happy to talk to Maddie about what she's feeling! If you can, maybe you can send me an address and I can write her a letter or something. Seems like she's feeling a bunch of things I felt, too. Maybe I can help. Yay! I'm so happy to hear that the Wawrzyniak's will be bringing home their daughter soon! I read Marisa Maxwell's article. It's good! And isn't it kinda cool tho think that youth here will probably read it to, but in Spanish?! Cool. And congrats to Kalan! Honestly, everyone's getting engaged right now haha. Wow, Brian, Matt, and Megan are family history experts now, huh? Sounds cool! And fun! I have seen the new site! They're pushing it here, too. And we've helped some people with setting up their account. It's way cool! I so want to work on my own when I get home! And congrats to Brian for getting into BYUI!

Today for P-day, we got chased out of an cool cemetery and just went and talked and ate ice cream at this mall food court thing. Okay, we didn't really get chased out, but our zone leader basically got us in on a bribe, then we found out it was a whole lot more, so we left haha. Not much today. And it was suuupppeeerrr hot! February it this weird carnival month thing for Peruvians here. They throw water at everyone. We know 2 Hermanas in our zone who got hit yesterday. We'll see if I get it this month... Oh and my comp gets 2 wisdom teeth out on Wednesday. So at least on Wednesday, I'll have a "mini missionary" with me. We got a youth from another ward in the stake. So...I'll have to lead everything. Yikes! A little scared, but it should be good. Pray for me that day.

Hmmm...maybe you could pray for us to find ways to get the ward members more involved. Also, for my health. And maybe also for me to be able to express myself in lessons and just with people here. I'm working on it, but it's still a little hard. Still pray for my Spanish.

Transfers are on the 11th, but I won't find out any news until the day before. We'll see...I get scared and excited at the same time. Also, can you believe I hit 4 months on Sunday?!?!

Thanks for everything! Until next week! Love you all!

Hermana Chrisanne Hymas


No comments:

Post a Comment