Monday, January 13, 2014

Steak

The cow intestine I ate is called chorizo. Weird food update: I ate cow heart. It just tastes like steak.

I don't really know about K. I haven't seen him lately. He's been out of town with family and stuff. He was at church on Sunday, but only for the first hour. I wonder how everything's going. I know he gets stressed with work sometimes. He did tell me that he got an email from you though and he was like, "Yeah, I'll tell you about what he said later." I just pretended I didn't know what you wrote him.
 
P is not the ideal investigator one, because she can be kind of timid and we kinda have to dig things out of her sometimes. Also, everyone breastfeeds here out in the open. She has a 3 month old....so...yeah...that's happened twice with our appointments with her. It's just kinda a culture shock thing for me. Unfortunately, she's also not keeping her compromisos to read and pray. We're gonna start reading the BoM with her, and when she prays at the end of lessons it's fine. But she's not praying on her own. She's been honest about that. We actually have a lot of people with this problem. We were talking this morning about how we can better teach this principle to people. I guess what I mean with P is that we have issues with her not keeping commitments and we sometimes have to dig to get things out of her, and yet I had these feelings that God loves her and misses her. Like I said last week, that's the first time I've ever felt that for another person.
 
Yeah...I feel like I spoke too soon about R. I don't know what happened this week. No one in the family attended church this week. Hopefully they will in weeks to come though. But yeah, last week his mom was like, "R's changed. To the point where he has the scriptures on his tablet now." I can't remember if I told you that or not. Ugh, I'm running out of time to write. The best part of my week this week was Thursday when I went on splits with a Hermana trainer in my zone. She came to my sector, so I had to lead where to go and fill her in on our investigators and such. She's from Utah and her name's Hermana A. She was way cool to work with. I felt like such a missionary that day. She inspired me to be a better missonary. She's very upbeat, positive, and diligent. It was cool. And we spoke in Spanish all day until we got back to the house that night. Then the Spanglish began. Neither of us could remember English entirely after using it all day every day. It was kinda funny. We're like, we can't even remember English! She told me she's impressed with how well I speak, and that she remembers the first day I got here and how much I've improved since then. That felt good. Haha I've been helping my comp learn English lately. Man, I feel bad for them. English is hard.

On Friday, Hermana R got really sick and our comps went on splits, so I had to stay back at the house with her while she slept. Not exactly how I wanted to spend the day after having an awesome day with Hermana A and being all pumped about missionary work, but it was fine. I still managed to retain that burning for the work.

Do other people have access to my address here? I think you told me yes. Yes, I do have speakers. I do also have something to plug into the wall to charge things, but I don't have an adaptor here, at least I don't think so, and I've heard of things frying, sometimes even with an adaptor. So maybe I'll just charge it when I write you guys every week. Just plug it into the computer. 
 
 WHAT?! I knew about that one marriage, kinda. He was engaged before I left. But I didn't know about Becky! And no, I don't know who he is. Is he brown? But that's exciting! Yeah, who's the other engaged friend? Next, I'm gonna hear about people having babies.

P-Days: Last week we went somewhere, we didn't really know where we were, but we went looking for a beach. We eventually found one. (We always have P-days as a zone by the way.) So we hung out at the beach, skipped rocks, and then found this big dirt field and played baseball. Tomorrow is our P-day, and we're going to the temple. I can't wait.
 
I keep thinking about this scripture when things don't go exactly as planned. It's D&C 80:3. "Wherefore, go ye and preach my gospel, whether to the north or to the south, to the east or to the west, it mattereth not, for ye cannot go amiss."
That's nice to think of after a hard day. It's cool that it's a scripture.
 
Hope y'all have a great week! Talk to you next week! Stay warm!

Hermana Chrisane Hymas

No comments:

Post a Comment