Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 5

¿Que pasa, calabaza? ¡Nada, nada, limonada! It means "What's up, pumpkin?" "Nothing, nothing, lemonade!" Kinda like a "What's up, buttercup?" Anyway, I love it. Haha yeah, I'm sure we'll just be taking a bus into Lima Central next week. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe it's only a week away. This is nuts. Oh gosh, I miss my cello! Haha I'm such a dork for saying that. I also miss doing the Messiah. That's cool that Brian and Grace are doing that again. Wait, M's friend that's applying to BYU, is she a non-member?
 
Today was my last time to go to the temple here in Lima. Kinda weird. Oh, and I met a couple at the temple in my session from PA! They're here doing a...service mission of some sort I believe? Brother and Sister F. They're from the Scranton stake near Bethlehem and Sister F was like, "Do you know the C family?" I said yeah and that my sister's actually good friends with L. C. Small world. Also, my translation thing stopped working during my session, so at least half of it was just in pure Spanish for me. But I understood almost everything! Also, remember when I said we have real investigators come to the CCM? Well...apparently that's not totally true. Yes, our teachers lied to us. So yesterday morning, our teacher told me and my companion to go the auditorium and meet with a "real" investigator and teach him. We didn't know that he wasn't real at the time, so I was a little bit nervous, but it went well. I still do most of the talking in our lessons. My companion said she knows she needs to speak up, and she admitted that sometimes she doesn't speak that much because she's been relying on my Spanish. But we had a really really good lesson with our investigator L last night too! Again, I did most of the talking, but it was way good...for my bad Spanish that is. We taught about faith in Christ, and at one point, he said he feels like he needs to read the whole BoM before baptism (he's getting baptized this Saturday). So then I was like, "Well, I have a personal story for you!" And then I told him about how when I was 15 years old, I gained the real desire to know for myself if all of this was true. I went to church all the time, but I never actually really had a true testimony. I told about how I prayed and asked for the truth, studied the BoM, and just pushed forth with faith. I said that I eventually received my answer, but I didn't finish the BoM by that point. The Spirit testified to me even though I didn't finish the BoM yet. That helped out L and made him feel better about it (even though he's not a real investigator). After our lesson, my teacher kept saying that our lesson was very, very good. That felt pretty great. Some people here, especially Hermana F, have said that they've seen my Spanish improve more and more.
 
Yep, Peru is progressively getting hotter and hotter, although we had a couple of days here that were cold all day. My mission's pretty cool! There are tons of people there. And it's cool to see some of the more European-looking buildings. On our drive there, we saw people walk out into the street and start selling stuff. Like, really lame stuff. Like, rats. We weren't sure if they were real or not, but they could've been. It would not surprise us at this point. I didn't get very good pictures though. For migration, we just had to go sign a couple forms and give a couple fingerprints. It's just passport and legal document stuff. It wasn't much, but for some reason it took a couple hours. I met up with some of the missionaries I knew here at the CCM, but are now in the field. I asked them all about it. They said it's really hard, but it gets better and better.
 
The Spirit is so cool. I don't know why exactly, but for some reason, I felt the Spirit during one of our lessons. It was completely in Spanish, like every lesson, and it was just about getting to know your investigators more and teaching people, not lessons. It wasn't like really spiritual or anything, but I just really felt the Spirit during it. I got so pumped to go serve. I'm thinking I felt the Spirit as a reminder that this is the true reason I'm here. This is what I need to do. And I love people and talking to people and getting to know people, so this is the right sort of thing for me. It was just kinda weird, but cool. My companion wasn't feeling very well one morning here, so the elders in my district gave her a priesthood blessing, and I've witnessed many priesthood blessings, but for some reason I really felt the Spirit during the one they gave her. I love it here.
 
I'm enjoying it here, but I am a little sad to leave so soon. I should stop, and write some other emails. Oh and I am so excited to go out proselyting again on Saturday! I wonder if I'll be paired with a Latina again. We'll see! It's weird to think that I'll be writing my next letter from el campo misional!
Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador. El evangelio de Jesucristo es perfecto. Estoy muy feliz a ser aqui en Peru y por el opportunidad a apprendir mas y servir mas en mi mision. Estoy lista.
 
Hermana Hymas
 
P.S. - I have to remember to tell you the funniest story I heard from Hermana C next week!
 
Lima Central pics:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment